Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pepian Soup

I LOVE MY TWO NEW COMPANIONS!!! They are so willing to work and love the people already and are so patient in learning their Spanish. The first day they arrived, we went to go visit the family of Gladys. We entered the dirt garage where they live and I saw her sitting on the ground with a pot of water in between her legs, and something light brown. I quickly found out what it was when I realized her roosters weren't tied up to a post anymore....she was plucking off the feathers of her dead rooster! I asked why she was doing it and she simply said, "The dog killed them...so now I'm making pepian soup." Haha welcome to Guatemala.

Hermana Maria is still super strong after her baptism, despite the challenges she is having (Sara says she is has family problems and very poor, every time it rains her house falls apart) . But every time I ask how she is doing, she replies, "I am very grateful for my Padre Celestial and this gospel." She really is an example of how a person with nothing economically, can have everything they need through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I don't have much time to write but I know this church is true. Even though I am in a different country, this is feeling more and more like home as the people are feeling more and more like family. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment