Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Baptism

 
We had a baptism!!! Words cannot describe how I felt when we watched A enter the waters of baptism and make a covenant to follow Jesus Christ. It felt like all of my efforts these past months have more than paid off. We met with him again last night and his happiness has carried through the weekend, it is amazing to see how a decision to follow Christ is a decision to change your life for the better.  (KH note: This was the young 12 year old that Sara helped teach - whose mom had already been baptized. I love the grip his sister E has on Saras hand - the length of the pants on A and the look on the moms face)
This week, we had a lesson scheduled with a young man but he had left for work and wasn't home. We then asked his sister (about 17 years old) if we could share a message with her and she agreed. It was a pretty normal lesson about the Restoration and at the end, we invited her to say the closing prayer. She was hesitant at first but then agreed. When she finished her prayer, her eyes were holding back tears and when we questioned what was wrong, she said, with tears streaming down her face, "That was the first time I ever actually prayed." It's little experiences like that that help me continue on in this work.
I had another experience this week...that was very similar to my seal experience I had 11 years ago...but this time it involved a rooster. I now have a dislike for seals and roosters...
We don't have much time to write this week but I am doing super well here. We are busy teaching people and planning for the wedding (it is officially set for the 15 of June), and even though the days are long and the rain comes down hard, I am happy doing this work and I am honored to be a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment