Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Good bye to new friends - Hello to Elder Willardson!

My P-Day is today because it is transfer day. Which means all of my
Latina friends left- they only stay at the training center for two
weeks since they already know the language. It was really hard saying
goodbye to them because I made a lot of funny memories with them.
There was one who would try to speak English to me but she would
always mess up her words, one time she came up and said,
"Hello....where are you?" And she was so confused when I said,
"Um....aqui?" Because she meant to ask "How are you?" haha. But the
language barrier never ceases to make funny situations. When we were
saying goodbye to our friends leaving last night, one started crying
and telling me how much she was gonna miss me and I told her it was
okay and I would see her again some day. And then I said I would miss
her beautiful "casa" but I meant "cara", so then her tears turned to
laughter and it made our goodbye way easier.
Okay I want to send a shout out to Austin, Kaela, Julie, Kathleen and
Cole. I got dearelder letters from all of them! I woke up in the
middle of the night on March 1 and was super sick (I think I drank too
much of the cafeteria fruit juice...) and it was a rough day because I
didn't sleep after 4 a.m. but then that night I received the first
weeks dearelder letters and it helped my day. I get dearelder letters
every two weeks so if you sent one and I didn't mention your name, I'm
sure I should get it next week. Also, I haven't received any letters
yet because it takes a while, but if you don't use pouch mail then
make sure you use an international stamp.        I also got Emily and
Kim's email! Tell Jenna that my favorite food is probably their eggs.
Sometimes they put pieces of corn tortillas in them and they are
sooooo good. I'm trying to eat their beans since they have them with
every meal but I still haven't developed a taste for them.
I saw Nate this morning! It was so good to see him and it gave me
courage to keep pushing forward, I hope I can be as good as a
missionary as he is by the end of this year and a half.
So since today was transfer day and P-Day, we got to tour the city. We
went to a Guatemalan market where they were selling a lot of stuff
(including meat and pig heads hanging from the ceiling....it was gross
but I'm still never giving up bacon.) They had street vendors and one
had all these animals in cages to sell. Remember when we were on a
cruise somewhere in Mexico and we released baby sea turtles in the
ocean? They had dozens on baby turtles just in a cage on the street!
They also had hamsters and bunnies and birds just chillin in their
cages.
We also got to go to Wendy's and we got to go in the capital square
with the big cathedral, my companion and I both brought a Book of
Mormon and we handed both out to people we talked to. The people love
listening about God. Although I couldn't speak much Spanish, I was
able to tell them that I knew the book they were holding was a
testament of Christ and I promise if they read it, they could feel the
truth. The people gladly accepted the books and it was amazing! Now I
have even more motivation to learn Spanish fluently. As for the
investigator I talked about in the last e-mail, we referred him to the
Sister Missionaries in his homeward and he is still learning about the
gospel!
Walking around the city kinda makes me feel like a celebrity because
the people just love to see you and love when you try to speak to
them. There was a group of kids and one kid was just pointing at us
and her friend slapped her hand down. Then, they just started taking
pictures of us when they thought we weren't looking. When I turned
around to smile at their cameras, they just started giggling and took a
picture and ran away. The children are so cute!
Also, I have been craving Little Caesar's pizza TODOS LOS DIAS. Will
someone please look up to see if there is one in my mission
boundaries? If not, look up how much it costs to overnight a box.
Ha ha, just kidding. But still look it up to see if there is one in my
area...
I miss you all and I'm so glad that I have family and friends that
support me through this. There are a lot of people that don't have
that here, and I'm so blessed that I have you guys to think about. The
church is true! Everyday that I learn more about God, I feel closer to
him and I have a happiness here that never fades. Love you all!
--Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment